The below picture guidelines will help you prepare for your session. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We’re always ready to help!
- If you are getting your hair cut, do so about 2 weeks prior to your photo session. This will allow your hair to grow out and more naturally fill in ahead of time.
- Wind–be sure to bring bobby pins, hair clips, headbands, or other hair accessories to hold your hair in place.
- If people are used to seeing you with glasses, wear them for your photos. You can remove the lenses from the frames ahead of time or tilt your frames downward to reduce glare.
- Feel free to use a product like Visine to reduce eye redness. Also, avoid excessive alcohol the night before a photo session.
- Don’t cake on makeup to try to hide blemishes or pimples. It’s easier to Photoshop out pimples than uneven makeup.
- If men are going to shave ahead of time, use a new razor and moisturizer afterward to reduce bumps and redness.
- A week before your photo session, use moisturizer every night. Also, use moisturizer after a shower. Dry skin can be very noticeable in photos!
- Apply a fresh coat of nail polish before your photo session. Try to use neutral colors or something that will not clash with your outfit.
- Try to avoid high salt or high fat foods up to 3 days before your session. This can reduce bloating and make you feel better (and look better) during your session.
- If you plan to work on a tan prior to your session, do so at least a week ahead of time. People can tend to look more red (and less natural) right after tanning or sunbathing.
- If you are ironing your clothes, do so the night before your session and hang them up. If your clothes wrinkle easily, do not wear them in the car. Plan to change on location.
- Feel free to bring a variety of clothing choices with you to your session.
- Bring props that are meaningful to you (musical instruments, sports equipment, horse saddle, etc.).